Monday, July 19, 2010

just meditating

I've been a reporter for almost a decade now. I've started during the early 2000 and then here I am, still an unnoticed but still pursuing newspaperman. 

During my six-year stint in Pinoy Weekly as a reporter then editor, I have been writing about alternative medicine and Eastern health practices. Mostly, I have rewritten some articles coming from different journals, newspapers, and of course, blogs.

Now, I am back in circulation, writing same kind of stuff; as my contribution to the healthy debate on health and wellness, and in health care. I am no doctor, I have to admit but as a semi-health buff, I am also concerned with the health of my fellow.
By the way, I still write health features in Pinas, an international tabloid in Filipino.

***

There had been a massive fish kill in the Laguna de Bai, one of the largest freshwater lake in the Philippines. Despite the denials of the real cause by the Laguna Lake Development Authority, we still believe that water pollution remains and will always remain as the main culprit of the fish kill


***

Another catastrophe that had beset in the Philippine waters are the oil spills in Negros Occidental and in Rosario, Cavite. Both are caused by the broken pipelines by two of the biggest oil companies in the country, Petron and Chevron


These companies now are not only depleting people's money because of the high price of their commodities but now, even polluting water sources. Ano na ba ang nangyayari sa Pinas???

***

Mother Nature offers cure to different diseases. However, because of greed by some group of people (read:capitalism), Mother Nature's breasts that are bountiful of life giving milk and nourishments, have been continuously being depleted by multinational and transnational corporations. 

We will talk about that on the coming days. 

***

To my little sister P., just hold on. All of my prayers are for you and for those who need it. Jehovah will always bless you through the Lord Jesus. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment